Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Greetings

It's traditional to say a few words during this season, sending out letters to people telling everyone about all the personal things that have occurred during the year. Maybe not. But I will say that this has been a pretty good year for me, relocating from the Midwest to the east coast where I've just experienced my first snow. That's me in the picture next to a real snowbank. Well, snowball might be more apt. I actually stood quite precariously on a slippery and thin ledge surrounding a deck, many feet off the ground I might add, in order to present this photo for your enjoyment. 'Keeper sent it off to her computer Guru who cropped and shopped it, then returned about a dozen different versions for my approval. I was all set on one ... until I noticed I'd left off 'Keeper's name. And this is where the personal letter comes into play.

Since she is not independently wealthy and actually works for a living, she must leave the house daily. Not once since I've come to stay with her and force her to do my bidding has she left me home alone. I grace her desk daily where I am admired much by other office staff who comment on the fabulous wardrobe I've managed to wheedle out of 'Keeper. When her nimble sewing fingers will do no more, I coerce her into allowing me to use her credit card to order myself a new frock or two. My wardrobe does not yet rival that of the famous Sevashteen, one of my sap sisters, but it's only been six months since my arrival, so I think I'm entitled to a little more time.

I have traveled during this time, back to the Midwest and also to upstate New York where I attended the North Country Hitty Retreat. Did you see me there? I kept a low profile.

I look forward to my apartment finally being finished and made ready for my occupancy. I've stayed there a few times, but the accommodations were not up to par, so lately I've stayed in a guest house which is more suitable. In fact, if 'Keeper doesn't finish my apartment soon, I may have to make it my permanent home. Ah, I think that got a rise out of her. Hopefully, I'll be there to celebrate the dropping of the ball as we ring in the new year.

That said, I'm quite happy here and wish to commend 'Keeper for holding up her end of the bargain - she does everything for me and I love it.

I wish everyone many happy returns of the season and a joyful new year. Athrenine

No comments:

Post a Comment